The PGX-CYP2D6 StripAssay® offers the ability to detect common variants with impaired enzyme activity. CYP2D6 is a member of the cytochrome P450 superfamily, and is one of the most important liver enzymes involved in the metabolism of xenobiotics in the body. PGX-CYP2D6 StripAssay® allows patients with defective enzyme variants to avoid severe adverse reactions due to drug accumulation and toxicity.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
Allelic Variants Detected
PGX-CYP2D6 StripAssay® Catalog 4-760
CYP2D6*4 (193 G>A)