nacgenX™ Diagnostics provides two kit options StripAssay® the detection of KRAS mutations with particular application in colorectal and lung cancer patients. The assay is based upon polymerase chain reaction (PCR) and reverse hybridization, and detect either 10 mutations in codons 12 and 13 or 13 mutations covering codons 12, 13, and 61. The specific mutations detected by each kit are shown in the chart below. The KRAS StripAssays® kits offer extremely high relative sensitivity of 0.5% for mutated sequences and has an absolute detection limit as low as 10 copies. Specimen types possible include fresh, frozen, or paraffin-embedded tissues.
- Kits are based on reverse-hybridization of biotinylated PCR products.
- Minimal equipment required (thermal cycler, shaking water bath).
- Technology combines probes for mutations and controls in a parallel array of allele-specific oligonucleotides.
- Functions using immobilized oligos on a teststrip.
- Strips show mutations by enzymatic color reaction visible to the naked eye.
- Proprietary software package (Evaluator™) that aids in data interpretation, storage, and archiving.
KRAS StripAssay® Catalog 5-590
10 mutations in Codons 12 & 13
KRAS 12/13/61 StripAssay® Catalog 5-690
13 mutations in Codons 12, 13, & 61